16oz firm tofu
1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
Lemon juice (or Vinegar)
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
(2) Cut tofu lengthwise into 7 slices (about 3/8 inch thick). Arrange tofu in single layer in un-oiled (8x8 inch or similar size) glass baking dish.
(3) Combine seasonings in jar or small bowl, mix well and pour over tofu slices.
(4) Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
(5) Remove from oven. Flip cutlets. Sprinkle each slice with a little lemon juice
(or vinegar) and soy sauce.
(6) Return tofu to oven and bake for 30 minutes more.
Note: for less chewy cutlet, prepare as above, but bake for only 45 minutes total.
Yield: 3-4 servings